King TUT

We did have fun. We took the train to downtown and walked to the museum.
The kids had fun.
The only thing that really bugged me was that there was no protography allowed inside the museum
I was pretty mad but I had my camera on shoulder straps and snuck in some pictures anyways hehe..
Don't get excited I only managed to get one good pic of King Tut and like 3 others the security was tight at each corner.
The exhibit was amazing..Rori was just in awe when she saw what he looked like inside the Cortouche.
She was not dissapointed ! LOL!
Afterwards they did Arts and Crafts.
Than we took the train back home.
Enjoy

Zeth was being a butt ..he did not want to have his picture taken at ALL..
rori trying to kiss him during the dart ride


Photobucket

Photobucket


It was not hard trying to find the museum as we had clear signs of where to go..I took this opportunity to play explorer's with the kids and letting them guide me to the museum they thought it was a HOOT hehe
Photobucket

Rori found this revolving door...they played for like 2 minutes with it..LOL..the lady at the counter said.."happens all the time" haha!

Photobucket


Photobucket

Almost there

Photobucket

Photobucket

We are here

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

God of the underwold
"Anubis"

Photobucket



Photobucket

Almost to the entrance

Photobucket


a few photos of the exhibit during the digging of king tut..I could only get a few..people were watching Grrr

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Inside the exihibit was amazing..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Cortouche of King Tut...I took a book that I had of Egyptian symbols to read what it said of course for someone like me who really dosen't know how to read it ..it was hard LOL
but basically there's a ton of spells from the "Book of The Dead" <---- (didn't know it was actually real, just thought movies made it up) curses basically..
LOL..the guy at the museum was like ..If you can manage to read one sentence out of that...you can a free lunch on me LOL
hence I busted the book out and managed to read something that said.
"Son of Ra'' and "King of " LOL..than I read something that said "may your afterlife be like" and that's it...haha

I got a free Lunch!

Photobucket

after the exhibit you go straight to the gift shop..those sneaky money makers


Photobucket

more exhibits...than I got caught with the camera was told to turn it off GRRRRR

Photobucket

Arts and Crafts


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Going home!

Photobucket


Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

The Staub Squad said...

When did you guys go? Look like a fun day. where have you been lately?

RENEE said...

we went this past saturday...it was nice hardly anyone in downtown..This week utterly sick...to the bone urghhh ..I'm laying in bed as I'm typing this hehe

Jodz said...

Looks like you all had fun!! I love the pic of Rori trying to kiss zeth lol too cute!