Dolls and Ice-skating

On Tuesday January 1st, 2008. Happy New Year everyone!! I took Rori to this store at the Galleria Mall, called American Girl Boutique and Bistro. I have never been but they were having fun activities for girls, that day, so we went. I expected another Limited Too store, instead it was a Build-a-Bear type of store only with DOLLS!!!!. I have a thing with dolls, they freak me out. I always think they are looking at me weird, and I just see them with little knives walking around with the halloween theme song, coming at me. So when I went in ...Dolls and dolls everywhere...AHHHH!!!! Rori of course was so excited. I sucked it up and went anyways. So basically, how it works is that you choose a doll that most resembles your little girl. (The doll cost $100, not including the accesories) and every year one little girl gets picked to be American girl of the year. Little girls collect this dolls, especially the Girl of the year dolls, and buy them clothes, shoes, blah blah, like at Build-a-Bear, only here it cost an arm and a leg. I told rori that mommy forgot her wallet at home. Well, the lady began one of the fun activities, which was a scavenger hunt, the lady proceeds to tell the tons of people that were there, that if we found all 6 clues and got our card stamped and brought it back the first 85 people would get a fantastic price. Rori get's all pumped up and tells me, "we have to win a prize". Being a good mother that I am, I squeeze myself in and manage to get a dumb card. Then she yells, BEGIN!!!..off we go running around the store, trying to find clues, people going nuts, going up the escalator, down the escalator and when we finally manage to find all six clues and bring it back to the lady. (Mind you we were second to bring it back) She gives us the fantastic prize of "Mia GIRL OF THE YEAR 2008 POSTER" that's RIGHT FOLKS, I said POSTER. (rolling my eyes) but something good came out of it, she made a scrunchie afterwards and had fun. After doing my cardio on this scavenger hunt. We went ice-skating, it was nice, we love to ice-skate. Each time we kept going in circles, rori would stop and stare at this candy cart, parked next to the rink. It was a nice day for the both of us.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

THIS ARE THE CREEPY DOLLS
Photobucket

1 comment:

The Staub Squad said...

Love the blog, it's so cute. What a fun thing for mom and daughter to do. I want a girl!!
Kate